What are the common filtration methods for pulp?
During pulp filtration, there should be a driving force to overcome the resistance of filter cake and filter medium Therefore, according to different driving forces, the filtration methods can be generally divided into the following types:
- Gravity filtration means that the filtrate is discharged through the filter medium under its own gravity;
- Pressurized filtration, i.e. pressure is applied to the pulp by the pulp or vacuum compressor to force the liquid through the filter medium;
- Vacuum filtration uses the vacuum suction caused by the vacuum pump to suck out the filtrate through the filter medium;
- Centrifugal filtration uses centrifugal force to remove the liquid in the pulp;
- The combination of magnetic and vacuum filtration uses magnetic force and vacuum suction to force the filtrate to be discharged through the filter medium mainly used for magnetic products.